View Single Post
07-15-2013, 03:38 PM
How you like me now!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I've read quite a few encouraging things about Morin. Big guy who can skate, has a mean streak and has great hockey smarts/IQ. Sees the game well, plays within his limits, but is also getting more and more confident in his size and ability. Once he puts on more weight and really gets comfortable playing at his size, his confidence should go through the roof. He's also very receptive to coaching and always wants to get better. Another thing that should be mentioned - work ethic is off the chart and is always watching videos with regards to his game.

I'm starting to notice a trend in all the Flyers picks that they've been making as of late. Every one of the kids they've drafted all seem to have great work ethics along with great hockey IQ. This is a hockey smart group of prospects that they've drafted and are developing. I have to admit, I like it. It's a great way to build a prospect base.
I do not need the tell you how I feel about the Morin pick. This kid just wants to get better and better and have a impact when he is on the ice and help the team win. A lot of their picks have a "C" or "A" on their jersey. There is a video showing Laughton blocking a shot and is in some pain. His teammates show their concern both on the ice and bench about his well being. Something little as that tells me how his mates feel about him. There was a picture in the HN showing Hagg with the "C". I really believe that Lecavalier took a look at this team and saw potential this group has. The injury to Chris Pronger really set this team back and forced Homer to make some major moves. But in all the years I have been watching hockey, I have to admit this is a fun team to watch grow and just wished this was October already.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote