View Single Post
Old
07-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Fozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I have to agree. 2007 and 2012 are more a stepping stone than 2013. Even if I thought we had enough picks to be a team changing draft. It should be very good. But it will be really tough to beat the quality/quantity ratio of McDo/Subban/MaxPac and the superior quality of Galchenyuk. And if you add a Collberg in that draft....just wow. Yet, 2013 could be remember for 2 things: The emergence of our first power forward since I don't know how many years. And maybe, just maybe, our next starting goalie permitting us to deal the present one in due time, getting THEN the other pieces needed to go far. But that's not short term. Then, there are also pieces in there that covers a lot of things, from defensive player to really talented forwards as well. Tons of depth in that 2013. Quality wise...I agree, 2007 and 2012...tough to beat.
Now... Combining our 2012 and 2013 drafts is what I feel will make us a contender for a good long while. The forwards drafted in the last 2 drafts and the d-men drafted in 2010 & 2011 should give us a solid foundation.