Thread: OT: Pleased to meet you
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2013, 07:17 PM
NYR1967

vCash: 500
Screen Name
IHeartMattCooke (Formerly NYR1967 - I lost a bet with Zenith)

Real Name
Mark

Where are you from:
Brooklyn, N.Y. now living in Nashville, TN.

How old:
45 - Old enough to have fathered most of the people who have replied in this thread (no, I'm not happy about/proud of it).

Rangers fan since:

First Rangers match you attended:
1978-79 season home vs. the Leafs. Rangers won!

Favorite Ranger:
Adam Graves, no contest. Distant seconds would be Brian Leetch, Ron Greschner, John Davidson, Walt Tkaczuk, Tony Amonte, Dave Maloney, Anders Hedberg, Ryan Callahan, Ryan McDonagh.

Best Ranger moment:
The '93-'94 playoffs, though I still contend we could have gone all the way without trading away Amonte, Weight and Gartner.

Former Rangers you miss:
Despite his being overpaid for his skill set, I really do miss Dubi. I miss Anisimov as well, I miss Prucha's **** eating grin every time he was on he ice, and while I can't really say I miss them since they didn't play on the big club all that much, this team could certainly benefit from having Korpikoski and Parenteau in the lineup.

Any non-Rangers you like:
Martin St. Louis - amazing player and super classy.

Any other sports:
Hockey is the only "sport" - anything else is a "game"

How did you find HF Boards:
I needed a new website to go to after TheHockeyRodent said goodbye forever after the last lockout. I'm pretty sure I linked here from a post in that website's message board.

How do you watch Rangers games:
I live in Nashville and travel a great deal for work, so Center Ice isn't really worth getting, as I'm not home 75% of the time. Usually I stream the games if I'm in Nashville, and if I'm in New York visiting family and friends, I go to as many home games as I can while there - I buy the tix and my friends buy the beer.

Favorite TV Show
Game of Thrones

Favorite Musical Artists
The Hold Steady, The Replacements, The Clash, Prince, Elvis Costello

Favorite Movies
The Big Lebowski, My Life as a Dog, Fargo

NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote