Thread: Boucher
View Single Post
Old
01-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Waldo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
He's relaxed and having fun in Phoenix. I watched the record breking game and he made everything look easy. He is focused. I don't know if it was a lack of focus or a real mentor for a young tender when he was here. Last night he looked like Gigure last year in the playoffs. I think what killed Bouch here was us. :mad:
since he came to Phoenix the goaltending coach Benoit Allaire started working with him to change his style. Sean Burke had been working with Allaire and that is why he improved so much. Burke is playing better goal now than at anytime in his earlier career. Problem was that Burke is very tall at 6' 4" and is well suited to Allaires goaltending techniques. When Boucher arrived in Phoenix he came under Allaire's tutelage but was not suited to the same style as he is not as big and tall as Burke. Trying to change his technique nearly destroyed Boucher and he had a very poor season. This season boosh started to play a hibrid style, partly Benoit Allaire's and partly his own. That seems to be working well for him now. Even before his 5 game shutout streak Boosh has been very steady and seems to have overcome his tendency to be inconsistent. Needless to say, though, the Coyotes have been playing superbly in front of him. Last season he had no support from the team in front of him at all. They only played well with Burke in net and he was injured most of the year. Many fans in Phoenix think that Boosh's current play is the real deal and at 27 years old has finally matured as a goaltender. Only time will tell but the whole team has come together and it looks like the Coyotes will make the playoffs. Needless to say but the fans in Phoenix are really excited about his 5 game shutout streak.