View Single Post
07-15-2013, 09:38 PM
major major
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
As I see it Springfield will have to send a couple d-men to the ECHL. I believe they signed one other d-man to an AHL contract (not the CBJ signing someone to a 2-way deal to play in Springfield....). Since I can't find that anywhere I'll just go with what we know....

CBJ has 6 spots expected to be filled with JJ, Wiz, Tyutin, Nikitin, Prout & Erixon. They'll need to carry one more (possibly 2 but unlikely) which will come from the following:

St. Denis
Lavin (AHL deal only, not elligible for CBJ call up)
That's 11 defensemen with Goloubef and Savard needing to clear waivers if sent down during camp. Murray is unlikely to be a #7 and sit on the bench in Columbus so either he makes it and pushes a top 6 guy out the door (or, god forbid, Prout or Erixon take a step back). That's a lot of depth on the blueline with limited options in Columbus.

I can see Goloubef staying up as #7 with Melart the first call up. Or possibly Melart staying in Columbus as the #7 although I don't think they risk both Savard and Goloubef to waivers (one is likely to be traded if nothing settled in camp or they are pushed further down the list by Melart and Murray).

I actually hope both Murray and Melart play in Springfield to get their games in line (Murray from injury, Melart from rink size adjustment). Sounds like a pretty good D heading to Springfield regardless....
I've got no problem keeping Golo as a #6/7. (It was definitely a mistake to do that with Savard last year, as many of us noted at the time, but Golo can probably handle it better.) Perhaps keep Golo as 6/7 and if Murray is ready to be called up, trade a defenceman at that point.

This will be all easier to sort out once we get word on the waiver status of Savard and Golo.

What round pick could we get for Savard if we traded him now?