View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
cns I agree with you, but I don't think it is that outlandish to have Pearson or Vey above him. As you can see Zykov is tearing up this poll, very close loss in the last two.

Some people like what is perceived to be the higher upside of a Pearson or Vey. That's fine. I am not sure if I agree with the massive upside you see in Zykov, I see more of a 2nd line power forward, whereas Pearson and Vey have more offensive upside (but less complete games).

What I love about Zykov is that I think he will be a versatile player that can play many different roles. However of concern might be the "flash in the pan" thing. If you look back he struggled mightily the season before not really contributing in the KHL, a weaker junior league than the QMJHL. I know his game is more suited to NA game, but still that is of some concern. Another strong season in Q and I think he will start to get more love.

Honestly I think you can make a good case for any of Zykov, Pearson, Vey as #2 prospect. Not sure a real strong case can be made for any other prospects though sorry King'sPawn. Not sure how 4th line potential (Andreoff), up and down less proven Prokhorkin, or college #3/4 potential Gravel (I am a huge fan though, he would be a solid consideration at #5) can slide above any of those 3.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote