View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Sheikyerbouti

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
The Hall-RNH-Eberle line had fantastic possession numbers. They didn't take enough shots, which they recognized as an issue, but that could be a byproduct of them not cashing in on enough gilt-edged chances early on last season leading to shot hesitation.

If Perron is as good at driving possession as the numbers suggest he is, then a second line of Perron-Gagner-Yakupov should be able to have good possession numbers as well after they get used to playing with each other. Perron is great at holding on to the puck and is quite willing to shoot, and I can see a sophomore Yakupov releasing the puck a lot more frequently.

That's a fair point; I really do like Perron. He goes to the front of of the net and is always dangerous. My concern is he has a bit of Hemsky-itis. We already have a lot of players that try to do too much with the puck. While the top line played a lot of keep-away in the offensive zone, they didn't score because nobody was crashing the net imo

I agree that the second line should improve possession and a consistent breakout could as well, but I think the lines will be:

Hall-Gagner-Yak
Perron-Rnh-Ebs

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote