View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 02:08 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Honestly I think you can make a good case for any of Zykov, Pearson, Vey as #2 prospect. Not sure a real strong case can be made for any other prospects though sorry King'sPawn. Not sure how 4th line potential (Andreoff), up and down less proven Prokhorkin, or college #3/4 potential Gravel (I am a huge fan though, he would be a solid consideration at #5) can slide above any of those 3.
I can understand and respect that. I'm still not completely happy with my list, but I do think my rankings are defensible.

I think Andreoff has third line potential, perhaps even as high as Stoll. He still has a way to go there, but he is a very safe prospect.

Prokhorkin's skill, style, and body type just seems like it will translate to the NHL better.

Gravel is a very strong and defensively disciplined defenseman, who has progressed quite well with his skills from his first development camp. I think he has a very good chance of not just making the NHL, but also playing in a top 4 role.

Zykov, while having good top 6 potential, has years before he even has a chance to sniff the NHL. That may seem unfair, and I KNOW people are going to take THIS out of context, but players like Patrick O'Sullivan and Oscar Moller showed a LOT of promise at the same age... as long as they just added strength.

Gamers who want to play in the NHL don't automatically make it and have a great chance of having an impact in the NHL. That's why I put a bit more weight on NHL readiness than potential.

But I can understand putting Zykov at #2 for the reasons listed above. The seamless transition to the NA game is encouraging. I just can't justify to myself, based off my past experiences and observations, listing him very high.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote