Old
07-16-2013, 09:36 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanginLikeaBiscuit View Post
We seem to go through phases of rivalries with different teams, and I'd say Buffalo and Florida have cooled down. The Devils 'rivalry' has spread out through some pretty good playoff series, so I'd say another good series against them in the next couple years could help cement a rivalry. That's our problem, long-term rivals don't build through regular season play. Hopefully divisional playoffs can help us foster some of those rivalries.
This is absolutely true. Florida I don't consider a rival, more a pain in the ass that wouldn't go away, simply because we never ran into them in the playoffs. Sabres I still consider a rival but one that has cooled significantly over the last half-decade+ since things were REALLY heated.

Boston we have a nice thing going with, and the Devils? well, their fans ****ing hate us and it seems like every time we make the playoffs we run into them. That's a rivalry, it's not quite in the sense that if they were playing team Al Qaeda we'd be pulling for Bin Laden's boys (like say the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry), but it's probably one of the better minor rivalries in the league. A couple years of knocking eachother out of the #4 spot or knocking eachother out in the divisional playoffs will make this thing heat up again.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote