View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 10:40 AM
RJ8812*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fs View Post
Sorry to say that I disagree with the negativity you have towards Hexy. Just saying, nothing more than that.
Hextall's playing career is overrated by most Flyers fans because we've simply had garbage in between the pipes for so many years. Aside from Parent and Lindbergh, we've had no one and because Hextall was a bat-**** crazy, scored a goal, and won all that hardware his rookie season, many people consider Hextall an "all-time great". Aside from his rookie season, he was mediocre and aside from providing lots of entertainment, nothing special between the pipes

Don't get me wrong, I love Hextall, but a lot of people need to tone it down with regards to him.

I do find this tibit about his junior career hilariosu though:

Quote:
Hextall began his junior hockey career with the Melville Millionaires in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL). In his solitary season with the club, he played 37 games with a goals against average (GAA) of 6.57. In one game that season, against the Prince Albert Raiders, Hextall faced 105 shots, and made 84 saves, a performance described as brilliant by the Regina Leader-Post. Although the Millionaires lost 21–2, the reporter noted that if it was not for Hextall, the Raiders could have scored "34 or 35". Millionaires teammate Mark Odnokon praised his performance, particularly the way "he lived up to his responsibilities and stayed in there until the end."
what kind of coach leaves their goalie in for an entire game when the final score is 21-2?

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote