View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 10:18 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
I get that nothing I say will change your mind but PK needed to reign in his exuberance so extra motivation to prove his doubters wrong would probably work against him in that case. It's more likely Markov provided a calming influence for him which allowed him to maintain his focus/discipline more. It's also completely normal for a young player to become a more of a leader and have more of a team first mentality as he ages especially when in your early 20s. Especially since PK had a team first mentality to begin with.

It's laughable that you think Patches and Price would be insulted and as for Galchenyuk if he's a 1st line player by the time he signs his extension he's not going to care whether PK signed a bridge deal or not. He's going to point out all the other players who got long term deals, and if MB doesn't give him one then he'll probably do the same thing PK did and holdout. Do you really want all our young players to feel like they have to holdout to get what they are worth?
For far too long there have been primma donnas and cliques in the Canadiens dressing room, I appreciate what Bergevin and Therrien are trying to accomplish here. What is the point of restricted free agency if teams are not going to use this mechanism to control young player costs? If Bergevin continues to operate this way guys like Galchenyuk will expect to get a bridge deal, this isn't NHL 14, you have to take egos and contract repercussions in the dressing room into consideration. That said, if Galch turns into an elite first line scorer Marc might have to cave, but remember PK was not a Norris winner when he got the bridge deal.