Thread: News Article: (THW) Nashville's Free Agent Flops
View Single Post
07-16-2013, 11:55 AM
HFB Partner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think you are totally off base here. It has nothing to do with finding a taker. Poile brought in Nystrom and Hendricks specifically to be on a line with Gaustad. Poile isnt looking to dump him.

I think Smith is the one that I cant imagine anyone wanting to take off our hands with his curent contract.
I may be but if Poile was going to dump Spaling why qualify him? Sign him and then trade him? Have the arbitrator rule in Spaling's favor and then the Preds don't match losing him for nothing? Spend all that time in developing Spaling to lose him because we're paying players who are the same player as him more money?

I did a little research on Gaustad this morning too and looking at his numbers, he's overpaid by about $1 million as well. So that's $3 million in overpayment for our fourth line. I know it's not going to hinder us to sign anyone right now but at the same time as someone said yesterday, we're getting players to get a total of stats collectively than finding one guy who can do it on his own. It's the old two for one theory but if the one player is better I'd take the better player than two players that may or may not match those totals.

I think the fourth line has the potential to be a very good line of bangers. I just don't get the moves overall when it pertains to them, Spaling and Smith. Just has me scratching my head. Is it competition? Is it depth? Is it further moves? Until we see what else Poile has planned this is going to be a mystery for all of us.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote