View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I wish I could say that I've scored in beer league! I've been playing 15 months and never yet scored on my league team.

I've scored in a couple of organized pick-up games that I play in, and in some scrimmages...but never on my league team.
Quote:
Part of the issue is that I almost never touch the puck in that league. Nobody ever passes to me. In my developmental league I'm actually an ok player, so people see me as a viable option for a pass. But in the other league, someone passed to me once, 12 months ago when I was a brand new player. I didn't catch it, so ever since its assumed that I'm not an option.
Quote:
Yeah, I try to get in front of the net. I haven't gotten too many chances at garbage this season. it seems that every time we get it in the zone, I'm in place and...it goes back out and we have to tag up.
How's your shot? Your puck handling?

I'd work on those A LOT. If you're not too strong, maybe work out if you can, do some pushups and forearm/wrist exercises.

Completely understand about not getting passed to...that happens a lot when I play up. You just have to keep working on the skills to make chances for yourself.

If you can skate well, you're not far off from being a very good stickhandler. Just taking the puck wide is enough to beat a lot of mediocre defensemen.

From there, just get the shot off, and it will go.

I also know what you're talking about with standing in front of the net. Never seems to work because the team can't hold the zone. I'd rather support the puck, either be a passing option behind the net or skate towards the puck carrier and try to disrupt his checker.

If the puck works towards the point, that's when I love to be out front. Get in front of the goalie, screen for the shooter, and try and get a little tip on the puck.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote