View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
PK doesn't have attitude problems. Jacques Martin, Gauthier and Bergevin have attitude problems.

The lockerroom of Jacques Martin, where Scott Gomez got 20min/game was the problem, not PK. Bergevin pooping out extensions onto abhorrent scrubs is the problem, not PK.

Price getting a crazy expensive contract with very little to show for it is the problem, not PK. Hell, I'm a Price fan and I think that PK deserved a better deal than him. PK's gotten farther in the playoffs, won more individual accolades and exhibits much more mental strength.

PK's our superstar, Bergevin should've never jerked him around and now we'll pay for it through the nose.
Don't agree with you on Price. That contract's in line with Ward, Miller and most starters.... you aren't going to find too many guys who log as many games as Price does. And the guy dragged us into the playoffs in 2011. I have zero problem with that contract and neither should anyone else. We could trade him tomorrow and have teams lining up for him. His contract is right in line with where it should be. If you want to get a cheaper goalie, we can go the Flyers route and have auditions... hope for a guy who can play 50 games. If we want a guy who's going to play 65+ games a year, we're going to pay for it. And it would help if we had at least one decent shutdown guy on the team but that's a whole other story...

As for PK, we should've signed him for sure. And now that he's won a Norris and is on the verge of becoming a full blown superstar we are going to pay through the nose. Esp since we lowballed him (and it was a lowball.)

I wouldn't rule out 8 mil a year for 6 or 7 years... that's what it's going to take to sign this guy now.