View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 02:27 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I don't think people are "villainizing" him at all. Yes, I think they mishandled the situation and I hated the way they treated him. Doesn't mean I think that they're terrible or that they should be fired.

But it's very clear now (as it was to many of us back then) that the guy was lowballed. Why he was lowballed is open to debate but he'd proven himself well beyond what he got. You say his season was surprising? Okay, to a certain extent maybe so. But nobody should be surprised that he had a strong year. He had improved almost game by game last season before coming into this one.

A 5 year 5 mil per was not unreasonable and many of us thought it was a great idea and argued so AT THE TIME. So don't come here now and blame us for being right about this. And don't tell us we're 'whining' when we turn out to be right. Most of us are mature enough to say when we were wrong and do so all the time. There's no reason for blasting people when they get things right. And they certainly did in this case.

MB was foolish for making the offer he did and now we have to live with the consequencences of that decision. We have every right to rip him for this. You don't like it? Then don't post on a message board. Save yourself the stress and go watch The Bachelorette or something like that.
I keep seeing this number quoted...5 years at 5M. Has Subban and/or his agent confirmed that's what he was looking for and/or that's what he would of accepted?

Hmmm...if i'm Subban last year, I actually think that's a pretty crummy deal to take if I'm convinced I can be among the best dmen in the league like we all know he thinks he can.

Subban is going to see way more money by taking that bridge deal then he would have by taking that 5/25M deal people here keep referencing.

I know at first glance it seems as though that deal is better for the team...but it's really not and I am for one very thankful our GM has the vision to see that. I also think that after some convincing and reflection, Subban was also able to see that.

That 5/25M deal is going to look like chump change around this time next year...and good for him