Thread: Speculation: 2013-2014 Roster Discussion II
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Trolfoli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
But then how will the Kings land Yakupov?
Gal was second on the list of guys that would fix the Kings cap problem behind Yak... Yak has more offensive upside I think.. Gal plays center that could be usefull to the Kings..

Thought that EDM was more likely to trade Yak... they went after Clarkson (RW) which would have left them with 3 top 2 RW's... and MacT loves smaller fast puck moving D.... seems like a good match up

MTL seems less likely, but PK seems to be their only right handed D man.. just picked up Briere, Also PK is an RFA soon and there are fears that he may want Letang money. Still seems unlikely MTL bails on their future #1 center (that they have playing on LW currently)

Why the kings do this? Toffoli/Carter/Richards isn't physical enough and is a non starter... Which relegates TT to the 3rd line. So by clearing cap space and picking up an additional skilled forward the Kings would have the ability to ice 3 very good lines and not end up with something like King/Stoll/Toffoli where it isn't a shut down line and doesn't have the offense.

What looks like is going to happen is the kings are just going to run with a 3rd liner or rookie at 2nd LW.... Might could work.. lol, and if the kings weren't looking to compete in the playoffs wouldn't be a problem... So mock away... The thought of Clifford getting the 2nd LW spot I don't think is funny if you're looking for a cup...

Hell maybe Clifford or Frattin will have a break out year... I'll keep a case of Beer on hand for the games though...