View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Feelings ain't hurt at all. Just do not know why you had to resort to the immature comments. And as far as commenting on the "whining", it might be safer to generalize than to single people out. I did not know you were the "board defender".

I notice you did not address the character concerns of Subban from my earlier post - and you do not have to. But I firmly believe this was a concern of the incoming brass, and they wanted to see which PK Subban would emerge for them. We have all heard how the new GM loves him some "character". I love Subban as a player, but we all know he can rub teammates and coaches the wrong way at times with his demeanour. Some can tolerate it, some cannot. Remember that Therrien was very reserved when it came to commenting on PK early on in the season. A lot more goes behind contract negotiations than just on ice performance. Just ask Tyler Seguin.

I personally believe PK grew up a lot this past year, and this was a result of Therrien allowing him to play his game more than Martin/Cunneyworth did.
Tyler Seguin a guy who actually has character issues by his own GM's comments and who hasn't proven himself as much as Subban has is making close to 6 million a season. Not sure how you think he helps your argument here?

As for Pk's character... I don't see how in the world you can honestly sit there and say that it was somehow right to pay this guy 2.8 mil after he'd shown himself more than capable of being a number one blueliner.