View Single Post
Old
07-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
This revelation about Gilbert Brule and the Oilers shouldn't come as a surprise to me but I still find it shocking and more than a little embarrassing.

Quote:
Brule’s talked his issues through with a couple of professionals, and he’s seeing a sports psychologist to seek improvement in his performance. The problem first reared its head in earnest when Brule was with the Oilers, and he got down over the fallout from the broken relationship with his dad.

“I went to see a therapist, who prescribed temporary medication, and I really don’t believe in taking drugs for a problem like that. I thought it should have been dealt with in a different way. But the Oilers wanted me back on the ice as soon as possible. It’s a business and I understand that, and I’m not trying to throw the Oilers under the bus; they reacted as any team would and should.
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...967/story.html

Props to Gilbert for not throwing the Oilers under the bus but I'm of the belief that he has every reason to. Mental health is not something that you should mess around with. The team should have supported him better and should have told him to take as much time away from the team as he needed.

I'm pulling for Brule. Hopefully he can get his career back on track.