View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
How did you feel when he scored 29g, and centered the 5th best line in the league?
That was a pretty bad team in 10-11, being the best line on a bad team doesn't mean much. Scoring goals and allowing just as many goals, you take those stats and balance them out by asking what they would have done if Ron Wilson had demanded a defence first approach instead of a run and scatter approach.

29 goals and 29 assists and 58 points for a career high is not something to be especially proud of when you play under those circumstances.

Regardless, I thought Kulemin, Macarthur were just as much if not more responsible for that line's success. I would post Kulemin's 30 goals from that season to prove just how little Grabo had to do with it. But I think you already know this from the Leafs board.

None of them have been as good as that one year which now looks more like a fluke than reality.

Grabo last 73 games 26 points

Macarthur no where near the 62 point winger he was in 10-11

and Kulemin is looking closer to a 15 goal winger rather than a 30 goal winger, which is fine for the defence and hard mins he plays for the team.