View Single Post
Old
01-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Jackson Ranger

vCash: 500
I think the game today was a clear case of emotion. When the Rangers play with some, they do well, when they don't, well, we know the results by now. When you have an aging team, you need some extra adrenaline to get them going and a good old, Saturday afternoon game with some snarl in the beginning got them going. But then that subsided and I thought the Fishticks, were the better team for the rest of the game.

Agreed about Lindros and Kaspar having good games and I thought Nedved was even more involved than usual. And I thought Simon wanted to kill the entire Fishtick lineup in the beginning of the game. As for the defense, with the exception of Kaspar, they were shaky. Leetch just couldn't seem to get it going today (don't know if the "supposed" Peca dump in took him off his game) and Poti was average at best. And the M&M boys, especially Mironov, were horrible. I think Sickboy was 100% right when he said Mironov was responsible for the one goal where instead of using his forehand to wrap the puck around the boards, he chipped the puck back. The worst part about it was he made the same play in the third that created an opportunity again. (The entire hockey IQ on this team is about 38!). Dale looked lost a couple of times and his best contribution was two hard shots from the point that got through. And one other point, Kovalev had two horrible plays in his own zone in the third that almost led to the tying goal. Another example of the talent not being the problem but the head is!!!

I'm not encouraged with the prospect of tomorrow's game considering they'll run out of gas by the third and I'm sure the emotion won't be as high as it was today. But a win is a win and I'll take it.