View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 10:10 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I can only comment on the OHL teams, but all three should be contenders. London is a no-brainer to be the favorite, but Windsor should take a major step forward, especially if their imports show up. And Erie should finally not be a free two points.

Their top line will be as solid as any and they have some great young pieces taking a step. I expect they'll be middle-of-the-pack in the always tough West.
Figured on London but wasn't sure about Windsor as they didn't look very good in the few games I saw last year but glad to hear they should be better. I caught two Erie games and while McDavid looks like a future star I figured they were in for another tough year. I wonder though if Crisp has a good season, would they consider trading him to a playoff bound team since it's his last year anyway and he looks like someone that might be an asset in the playoffs on a good team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Baie-Comeau: Really good, one of the best in the league. They should fight with Rimouski for the top of the East division. Grégoire will play RW on the 2nd line.

Chicoutimi: Bad team. Except for Hudon and Dauphin on offense, it's really bad. I expect Hudon to be traded to a contender.

Gatineau: Good team. They added some interesting pieces and should win the West division. Reway will play LW on the 1st or 2nd line.

Halifax: Losing a lot of offense but they still have a decent team. They should win the Maritimes division but it won't be very competitive next season. Fucale will see more pucks than last year that's for sure.
Interesting, thanks. Should be fun watching as I haven't followed Drakkar since the Loic Lacasse/Alexandre Dulac-Lemelin days. Too bad for the Sags but Hudon is a treat to watch in his own right so I won't mind watching them play. I really want to follow Gatineau as in the little i've seen from Reway he looks like he's going to be a very fun player to watch. I'm actually hoping Halifax isn't that good as I want to see how Fucale does without the big names on the team (I now wish I paid more attention to the Moose last year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Halifax has lost a lot of talent. Mackinnon, Drouin, Fournier, Boudreau, McCauley, Abeltshauser. There defense will still be pretty good in front of Fucale and their 2 imports seem like legit offensive weapons. That said imo their only chance to compete for the league title is if Drouin gets returned after 9 games. I'd love to see Hudon traded to the Moose at the trade deadline if Drouin was returned.

I can't believe I left out Frk leaving. That is a lot of firepower gone.
Hudon to the Moose would be interesting for sure. I'm interested to see how Fucale will do as it would appear that he's going to have to carry a lot of the load if they are to be successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Please, Hudon to the Moose!1

Moose won't dominate like they did last year, but I believe they can have a similar season to the year before when they lost to Chicoutimi.
What did you think of Fucale going into last season. I had heard he didn't look very good the previous season, but I have paid little attention to him, thought for sure he was going to be a top 20 pick so when I did see the moose play it was usually to watch the team they were playing.