View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Clarkington III
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 304 View Post
Been lurking The Rink for a few weeks because I've got the itch to get back out on the ice. I'm originally from Boston and have lived in SD for 2 years now. I'm intermediate at best and I wanted to check out the stick times at Escondido on Saturday mornings.

Is it pretty deserted or will there be 100 kids? If there are a lot of guys, is it a group of regulars that will take over with a shinny game?

I noticed "minimum" equipment requirements such as shins and elbow pads (helmets obviously, I'll be wearing one), do they check for that stuff? I don't have shins and elbows out here. I was at PIAS in Mira Mesa and almost pulled the trigger on a pair of shins, but was keeping the budget in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmxHockey View Post
Stick time during the week in the later morning sessions are pretty chill -10-12 players but 1/3 of the sheet will be occupied by private coaches (sometimes). Not sure about Saturday mornings.

As for coaching, Mira Mesa does Intermediate drills/pick up on Tuesday nights. Some begginers and a few ringers but chill.
I've been to the Saturday morning stick time a good amount of times. It wasn't the closest rink to me (until I moved a month ago), so it was more of a Saturday morning treat.

Check the times before you go, but usually there is stick time on one sheet and pick-up on the other. Stick time usually has tons of space and I've never felt crowded. Some guys go back and forth between the two which helps keep space open. Only time I've ever seen it fuller is when stick time is later in the morning on Saturday (9am or so).

The stick time/pickup combo and sometimes 2 hours of ice time for 10$ makes this one of my favorite ice times in SD.

Clarkington III is offline   Reply With Quote