Thread: Hockey Cards
View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 10:49 AM
blankall

vCash: 500
Managed to pick up 3 hobby boxes of 2012-13 S1 for $30 each plus shipping. Should have bought 10....Right after I bought these someone cleaned him out though.

Highlights:

Ryan Miller: 3 colour patch /15
Crosby: Jersey and MVP
Kovalchuk: Jersey
Kreider: Young Guns
Shattenkirk: Jersey

For what I paid, I got good value. I'd be a big dissapointed if I'd paid $60+ though. That probably has a lot to do with the weak selection of Young Guns in there though.

Also, not overly impressed with the quality control. 1 pack, instead of having 8 cards, came with 4 cards and 1 ripped card. Also, some of the silver came off cards and was transferred onto the backs of a few other cards.

I also found their selection for insert players a little lame at times. I got a Wade Redden auto and an Evgenii Dadonov and Henrik Karlsson jerseys. Dadonov was a 2007 draft pick who signed in the KHL, and probably won't ever be an NHLer.

Overall, the number of hits was pretty good though. Between the 3 boxes: 6 jerseys, 1 auto, 1 patch, 18 young guns, 2 canvas young guns, 1 upper deck exclusive, and multiple silver skate, canvas, MVP, hero cards etc...

Also, good luck for a Flames fan: Cammy jersey, Karlsson jersey, Iginla canvas and MVP, Cammy canvas, and Aliu Young Guns. No Sven Young Guns, but I did already have one.

Edit: Also will be selling all of these but the young guns, let me know if you're interested. They will be going up on EBay shortly.

Last edited by blankall: 07-17-2013 at 04:59 PM.