View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 10:59 AM
HawkinMI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, they aren't even close, DC >> Bollig, as in, much better than. We'll see what happens, obviously, we can win without him but I don't see how this move makes the team better unless it precludes another move to bring someone in.
The Hawks signed Carcillo as a physical presence. He may have provided that early on, but after his injury he was too slow to really tear it up out there. I hate bringing this into it, but he doesn't really fight either. Bollig at least will stand up to other players. But in my eyes unless he's absolutely needed for a game he WILL be replacing Carcillo. In the press box.

How does this not make the Hawks better? He sat in the pressbox almost every night and was an unnecessary burden on the cap. This gives the Hawks a chance to bring up a young guy who could prove himself and actually play consistent minutes on the team.

Bowman by this point has shown his hand to us all for like 5 minutes. He's analyzing last season and trimming the fat off of the team. The Hawks have a stocked cupboard of forward prospects ready to come up and play in the NHL right now.

The last thing this team needs is Daniel freaking Carcillo to stand in the way of that. We already know guys like J. Hayes and B. Smith are at least at Carcillo's level of play, and have the potential to be better.

HawkinMI is offline   Reply With Quote