View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 11:21 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
What did you think of Fucale going into last season. I had heard he didn't look very good the previous season, but I have paid little attention to him, thought for sure he was going to be a top 20 pick so when I did see the moose play it was usually to watch the team they were playing.
My only thoughts that were negative about Fucale going into the previous season was that he had some bad moments in the play-offs, especially against Chicoutimi, where he just wasn't ready on a lot of plays that were in quiet areas. He'd get beat from a floater over the blue-line, or a bad angle shot from the sides of the face-off circles, let in a trickler or two. It was my only concern was whether or not he could stay 'entertained' during the whole game, not worrying too much about reading the potential play and making sure the puck was taken care of first.

This season, he changed a lot of that around, he had to sit for long period of times in the play-offs without feeling the puck then face a break-away. He still let in some softies but when the game was on the line, Fucale was ready with a big save to preserve the tie, the lead, or a one goal deficit. Since the Chicoutimi series, I haven't seen Fucale lose a game for his team but I've seen him turn the tide.

The reports about him being able to win are true, he battles, he finds a way to win even on bad nights. However, his demeanor and style of play is very Price-like, I didn't want him in the 1st round because he would be scrutinized the same way Price is. Be prepared for that.