View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 11:23 AM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
You have McClement and Bozak for your defensive C. I understand Grabs having a bad season, but what happens IF Kadri re-gresses a bit? You then have a 40-50 point #1 C, a 30-40 point #2 C, a 35 point #3 C. I have no issue getting rid of Grabs, I just think that keeping Bozak was not necessary for your #1 C spot. An upgrade there would have been ideal.
JVR, Lupul, and Kessel are all proven first liners with Bozak as their Center. Infact when Lupul went down Kessel continued to produce with Bozak with Joey Crabb as the 3rd winger in 11-12. Bozak had 8 points in 10 games when Lupul went down so if he has to play more offensive he has demonstated this.

Bozak is not a finished product, next season will only be his 4th full NHL season. Reasonable to believe the best is still to come, but he knows his role on any line that features Kessel and JVR or Lupul.

It's to be the 3rd man high, play defence while the more creative players score. Kill penalties, take key faceoffs, and be the best shootout player on the team. For which I always love the comparisons of Bozie's faceoff % vs. others on the team. Bozie faces the best faceoff men of other teams nightly, his % is against much tougher than Grabo's or Kadri's.

Bozak comes in at a reasonable 4.2, with that caphit we can allocate the money saved from 5.5 elsewhere, such as a Defensive partner for Dion. It doesn't always have to be scientific, but Kessel, JVR, and Lupul all have had their best PPG averages with Bozak as their Center. It works so I don't see a need for an upgrade. There is only so much money to throw around in a cap world and still expect to re-sign Kessel and Phaneuf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
Swapping one for the other would be ideal.
Nonis probably has something in mind, I would expect a move if Rielly makes it impossible to send him back to Moose Jaw this year.

Last edited by SnS: 07-17-2013 at 12:13 PM.