View Single Post
07-17-2013, 02:16 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
The consensus I've come to is that De La Rose is considered to be slightly better defensively at this stage (and from what I've seen, he looks like a possible defensive beast down the middle), while Girgensons has more offensive upside. As a general rule of the thumb, I would rather have Girgensons for that reason, although I was very happy when Montreal took De La Rose at 34 this year.
Girgensons is known as a beast in all areas of the game (loves playing the body, backchecks hard, and blocks a lot of shots). Sabres fans are just starting to awe at his offensive potential, because he finally broke through at the pro level at the end of the season for Rochester. He was one of their best players by the end of the regular season and was definitively their best player in the playoffs. My favorite thing about him, though, is his attitude. Just no quit.

This post-playoff interview about sums it up for me:
Interviewer (paraphrased because I don't remember how exactly the question was worded): You had 3 goals in the series. Do you feel like individually you had a good playoff?
Girgensons: No. We lost.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote