View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
Ugh, please don't tell me you're comparing Stalberg and Ladd. they could not be more different. Stalberg was and has become so overrated. He wouldn't even be in the NHL if he didn't have the wheels he does, and now we're comparing him to a guy who - even in Chicago - was a great all-round player?

I would hope that the only people that thought there'd be little drop-off were bandwagoners that couldn't name more than 4 Hawks before they won the Cup. The Hawks weren't going to replace Buff, Ladd and Versteeg with Bickell, Skille and Stalberg..

IMO there's a pretty good chance Pirri/LeBlanc will be better than Bolland/Handzus were as the 2nd line centre, and IMO, there's a very strong chance Jeremy Morin's as (or more) impactful than Stalberg was. Personally, I don't care about the veteran tag. Stalberg doesn't have as many tools as Morin, therefore, I think Morin will be just as impactful - at least - despite being a rookie.
I liked Ladd, but in 2010 he played less minutes per game than Kruger and Frolik did this past playoff run but people act like he was some force of nature all season and in the playoffs. He's become the most overrated Blackhawk of all time. He is, and was, a great player, but he didn't do a whole lot other than bust open Ryan Kesler's eye and score that OT winner against Vancouver. Before this last playoff run I was trying to tell people that Brian Bickell is every bit as impactful as Ladd but I was wrong, he was even better.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote