Thread: +/- Of Montreal
View Single Post
Old
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Artie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
I honestly don't see what the guys problem is though. If he's french and doesn't understand my thread fully, then I can see why he says the things he says but come on. I asked of opinions, I never said "TRADE SOURAY!! TRADE HIM!!!!". All I wanted to know is if people thought it might be smart to considering his hot/cold history.(especially early in the season or pre-playoffs).

Okay I'm back. I've been fed and burped. Had my power nap. Not nearly as cranky as this morning.

I don't have a problem with you if you want to discuss hockey or any other subject for that matter. And believe me we all make really dumb posts on these boards.(myself included)

However there is such a thing as credibility and repeat behaviour. Go back to your original post, the part about trading Souray now and screwing the other team when he gets cold again. Maybe if this were the 70's when pro-scouting was not as advanced and you could trade a fringe player for the rights to drafting Guy Lafleur. But in this day and age, every team has a pro-scouting department, so you will not be fooling anybody that you offer Souray to. If that is the premise of your trade idea, then it shows poor judgement (IMHO only). Couple that with your thread on Rivet which is the first thing that came to mind when I saw your post and you got my reaction.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote