View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 06:01 PM
SA16
Two by two...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyhauntswizards View Post
Problem is where are we getting the assets to acquire this top 6 talent? Upgrading the bottom 6 and tossing other players away is the ideal way to fix the bottom 6 for now, especially given our cap situation. I'd like Clifford and he'd be a very good bottom 6 player but we do have quite a logjam of those players. It also can't be ignored that we do need at least one more physical presence that can drop the gloves.
But it's not possible. Our bottom 6 is already full of similar players. Pouliot/(Zucc/Kreider/Hagelin)/Pyatt are all better than him offensively (unless you want to only focus on Pyatts worse offensive year while simulatenously focusing on Cliffords best - then I supposed Clifford is better offensively) and Dorsett is comparable.

We're not going to get him by giving up our spare parts. We're low on cap room as it is. The kings are low on cap room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Clifford actually produced at a very strong ES scoring rate last season. Would have been 5th on the Rangers.
Sure but this is only true if you want to focus on a small sample size (he plays few minutes = more time for variance + shortened season). I mean his ES-pts/ES-min was better than Callahan, Zucc, Gaborik last year and he's certainly not better than any of them. Put those ahead of him along with the guys who actually were (for forwards) which is (Nash,Stepan,Richards,Hagelin - excluding few games from Clowe/Brassard) and now he's 8th on the team offensively and ranked 6th among wingers and right back to your 3rd/4th line tweener.