Old
07-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
It's a team sport. We seem to have lost a couple of good goalies around here for one reason or another. His save perc. wasn't great here but as you watch a lot of hockey I'm sure, you know how inconsistent goalies are. especially when moving from team to team. His contract sucked but he is a really good goalie who had a slightly above average run with the team he played for in philly. the team being the mess that it was. we needed him to win or be in contention for a vezina every year to justify that contract which was imo impossible on this team. And don't give me bob just needed five more seconds to develop. We have a season coming up that will explain a lot about whether this offensive system executed properly is capable of overcoming any defensive compromises that might be made to implement it. We'll also learn a lot more about Mason. I obviously agree with bernie that it wasn't goaltending that did us in these last two years. i can understand how'd you think that tho staring at that save percentage the way you do.
Wait, you really think Bryzgalov was above average with Philly? Or am I misreading you?

You don't need to look at save percentage to realize Bryzgalov was terrible here. All you had to do was watch him, and compare his performance to the goalie across the ice. More often than not the guy across the ice was clearly better.