View Single Post
Old
07-17-2013, 10:00 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Depending on consistency, that's Rob Klinkhammer. Unfortunately, apart from consistency that was Nick Johnson, too. I'm a little nervous about Klink to be honest. Johnson looked GREAT for a stretch and I thought we really found a gem until the adrenaline wore off and we found out why he's not a full-time NHL (consistency). The same is true of Klinkhammer who looked GREAT. He never fizzeld out like Johnson did, but he really didn't have much time. Johnson played 17 games and Klinkhammer 22. That's a pretty small sample size for a one-way deal. Hopefully he doesn't let off the gas pedal like Johnson did.
Do understand your concerns, and Klink really gelled well with Gordon and Moss - Gordon is gone and unless we get someone like Malone, Moss will probably be on the 3rd. But Chipchura is much better suited to playing the energy/puck possession game than Gordon was, so on paper it shouldn't be too hard to develop chemistry.

Johnson also only really had like that 4-5 game stretch where he was awesome, and then he was invisible. Klink to me was always buzzing in each of his 22 games. Yeah, 22 games is a small sample size, but as long as Klinkhammer's motor doesn't fizzle out and he forechecks the hell out of the opposition, I think he'll be fine.