View Single Post
Old
07-18-2013, 02:15 AM
Oiler66666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The one thing that is interesting about this rumor is what has been released and what is in the dark. There were a plethora of rumors saying Paajarvi was part of the deal, but Homer didn't want that(Dreger said it has to be a better player). Then a leak about the Flyers wanted 3 second rounders(56+57+2014 2nd rounder)+ something on top of that. Now the latest leak is Coburn is just part of a major deal being discussed between the two teams.

People think I am being overly optimistic(and sometimes I do get carried away, but who doesnt), but I want Eberle. If you pair his name with the Dreger rumor, Eberle is literally the only forward that makes sense from our POV. They don't have a forward other than him that will peak our interest(NO to Hemsky and Horcoff.)(also I mean they are willing to move, Hall, RNH, Yak are off limits most likely) Coburn plays 22-23 mins a night and solid PK. Shoot, Edmonton might even want to give him a try on the PP. I understand HF posters think Coburn, since he doesn't put up 40 points, don't think he is valuable. People have to understand you don't trade a top 4 defender of the caliber of Coburn for just nothing, Homer's asking price is high as the sky right now it seems.

Also Bob Mac was on TSN radio and said other teams are also calling the Flyers asking about him. If Homer is determined to deal with Edmonton, that helps raise the price. If Coburn is in high demand, the price will only continue to rise. Hopefully Homer is patient and waits out all the crappy offer until a team gets serious. I think that will come during the weekend or even early next week, when teams miss out on FA's and other deals.

To add to this as well, Edmonton is going hard after Clarkson, they really want some jam in there top 6. Hartnell was rumored a long time ago to be on the move there, but the deal fell apart. Maybe something is really brewing between the two teams, I hope so.
Sigh...off season is truly here and I'm forced to wander around other teams sites for something new to read. Thanks for the laugh though...much appreciated!

Oiler66666 is offline   Reply With Quote