View Single Post
07-18-2013, 08:59 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
I dunno man, his stats were pretty good for a tender in his first half season in the O. I think not pulling through had more to do with the team but that is up for debate depending on the game you speak of.
Ya all teams knew about him, but it was Hunter and Rychel that offered him a starting job at the beginning of the year. He told Rychel to stuff it and Hunter a maybe. Kudos to Hunter for keeping that line in the water and midway through the year he went back to the fishing hole and caught him a beauty. He will be a difference maker this year and if you didn't regret signing him this year, next year should be the final nail. After all like you said....2nd rd nhl pick....
A more accurate portrayal of what went on was Windsor had an arrangement with a NHL team not Philly who would have steered him to Windsor,once Philly drafted him the scenario changed and the rest is history
Now that he is the property of the graveyard for goalies the Philly Flyers,it will be interesting to see which London goalie alumnus gets screwed up 1st he or Steve Mason
As for his performance last yr,good not great not surprised that a rookie goalie could not his team to the ultimate prize it is rarely done,in fact he could not lead his team to win the league finals,same with Patterson rookie goalie not surprisingly unable to
lead his team to the ultimate prize either,though I am not criticizing either for London not winning the Mem Cup,only pointing out rookie tenders rarely win it all
Unless the Knights pick up Palazeese,the Knights may win next year in spite of their goaltending,not because of it