Thread: Value of: Zach Bogosian
View Single Post
Old
07-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
As a rental I'm not sure... not sure what his contract is even like now or what he'd want in the future.

We'd probably have to give up someone on defense who's a roster player, a prospect like Adam Lowry maybe (he's one of our higher ranked prospects but not quite on the Scheifele/Trouba level of value) and maybe a pick?

It's kind of moot at this point because like said above, we're not a contender looking for the last piece so getting him as a rental isn't really worth it at this point until we know what we all have and are making a Cup push.

I guess it would all depend if SJ was trying to sell Pavelski or if the Jets were trying to buy Pavelski. If SJ wants to keep him, we have to overpay, but if they want to sell him, then maybe not so much.
He may have only one year at four million left on his contract but he's probably not going to be a difficult guy to re-sign. Contract talks may stall with San Jose because right now he's a guy that is scheduled to play 3rd line center at even strength, one of the points on the first power play unit, and first unit PK. So either he may not be too keen on the 3rd line center part or DW isn't too keen on investing somewhere near 6 million for a guy like that even though he'll get minutes and plays on top special teams units. I would think Winnipeg would slot him in at the 2nd line center and still give him top unit time on both ends of the special teams.

I'm sure if they got Little, Lowry, and a 2nd it would intrigue some people for Pavelski.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote