Thread: Value of: Zach Bogosian
View Single Post
07-18-2013, 10:41 AM
vCash: 69
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
He may have only one year at four million left on his contract but he's probably not going to be a difficult guy to re-sign. Contract talks may stall with San Jose because right now he's a guy that is scheduled to play 3rd line center at even strength, one of the points on the first power play unit, and first unit PK. So either he may not be too keen on the 3rd line center part or DW isn't too keen on investing somewhere near 6 million for a guy like that even though he'll get minutes and plays on top special teams units. I would think Winnipeg would slot him in at the 2nd line center and still give him top unit time on both ends of the special teams.

I'm sure if they got Little, Lowry, and a 2nd it would intrigue some people for Pavelski.
I figured that part of the reasoning is the logjam that you guys have. Your proposal is interesting because eventually, Scheifele is going to be in the mix for a top 6 center role so adding Pavelski but not getting rid of Little would create the same problem for us. The only thing about this is that our LLW line has great chemistry and I'm not sure if the risk to see if Pavelski can work well with Ladd and Wheeler is worth giving up prospects. It's a decent offer though, in my opinion, especially if Pavelski does re-sign for $5ish (?) million/year.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote