View Single Post
Old
07-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Chelios

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileymac79 View Post
um well I agree that 2 Cups and 2 Conn Smythes should be taken into account..it's tough to win a cup, let alone twice.. so if I seen Kane or Toews leading this poll I wouldn't argue that. I voted Tavares not because of the present but because of what I think he'll become.. and he's a player I would want to build my team around for the future. But h*ll I'd take any of these players, I dont think this poll has a wrong answer...its solely your opinion.
See this is what I have an issue with. Tavares simply has not done anything thus far in his career to suggest he will be any better than Toews or Kane. Nothing. That has been illustrated pretty clearly when looking at their point totals, points in their 1st 4 seasons, and points in their most recent 2-3 seasons. Not only have Toews and Kane produced just as well as Tavares offensively, no matter how you want to parse the stats, they have shown they can do so in the playoffs and have 2 cups and 2 Conn Smythes to show for it (1 of which came before the age that Tavares is now). Taking him going forward simply cannot be grounded in what each of them has accomplished in their careers thus far, and can only be attributed to subjective feelings and/or make belief scenarios where he would have produced more. That is all fine, and no doubt there would be some voting on this poll that would vote for Tavares for those reasons (whether they admit it or not is another thing all together), but for him to be not just winning this poll, but running away with it is absolutely ludicrous.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote