View Single Post
Old
07-18-2013, 11:30 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Pavelski is also on the downside of his prime while Little is just approaching his. At best this deal would be a straight up swap if the Jets liked Pavelski more; not sure why they would though. They aren't looking to get older. They'd be taking on salary risk as well; Little is still RFA. Why give up additional contractual control over Little for one year of Pavelski who will cost more in the future - IF you even are even able to extend him that is?

I get that San Jose needs cap help; guess what, that comes at a cost as well. No way would the Jets be adding anything under this scenario.
I guess I see your point here but I think Pavelski is better offensively than Little is. But defensively, I think they are close. I agree that in terms of base value, they are close to each other but I also agree with Pinkfloyd in that Pavelski's minutes are way less and he's been put in a more defensive role. I think the Jets would have to add a bit with Little to acquire Pavelski.

But again, I agree with the Jets not actually wanting to seek out Pavelski. I mentioned that in my first post that we have no reason to break up our LLW chemistry and then to not give Scheifele a shot at 2C. Just rambling here in sake of conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
i want this guy on the Avs...I don't suppose the name erik johnson excites jets fans enough to get the talks started?
I personally wouldn't give up the guy who could potentially be our #1-2 defenseman for a guy who's generally seen as not living up to expectations.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote