Old
07-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Columnist from Toronto agrees with me:

Tim Leiweke scaling new heights of human hubris and ego: Feschuk

Quote:
“I think (the Leafs) need a few ass-kickings, and that’s one that will stay with them for a long time,” Leiweke told Bloomberg News this week. “I think it will pay huge dividends in the long term no matter how painful it was.”
So let’s get this straight. The Leafs, who’ve been getting their heinies handed to them steadily since the 1960s, need “a few ass-kickings.” Giving up a three-goal lead in the dying minutes of Game 7 was, in the new CEO’s mind, “the best thing that could have happened.” If he’d arrived in the moments after Vince Carter capped his college graduation day by clanking the jumper that could have sent the Raptors to the Eastern Conference final in 2001, one assumes he would have heralded that brick as the perfect disappointment to inspire the next decade of dominance.
It’s laughable stuff for alert Toronto sports fans, who probably thought they’d experienced the living pinnacle in human hubris and ego when they lived through four years of Brian Burke. A little more than two weeks’ worth of Leiweke suggests that, in the cultivation of executive arrogance, the new guy in town is intent on scaling new heights.