Thread: Hockey Cards
View Single Post
Old
07-18-2013, 12:41 PM
blankall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I used to hand build sets even though I had no use for them. If I have a LOT of those cards from the same series, like a few thousand, I will build sets. Otherwise I pull cards of my PC team, the Kings and just put the rest in to 3200 and 5000 count boxes. Since I only collect Upper Deck, I try to keep them all by year and the same product in the same 3200 count box.

I literally could build a 6 foot tall igloo that I could fully stand up in with all of the cards I have.

Also, I have a tendency to open product more, 10 to 1, if I like the base cards.
I got a great deal. It was from an ultra sketchy online retailer. He had over 20 boxes available. I thought I'd do a test run to see what condition they came in or if they came at all. They came in perfect condition within a few days, but somebody else bought hte whole lot the day after me.

I have taken the time to put them in sets. Maybe I'll try to sell the sets locally on Craigslist for $20. My big concern is space. I don't have the space to keep 10,000 cards sitting around.