View Single Post
Old
07-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Getzlaf, Perry, Giroux, Letang, Bergeron, Rask and now Brown all got max-term on their contracts. I think it's going to be the going rate to prevent your core pieces from going to free agency. The cap is going to go up, and I'd be willing to bet that by year 3 of his new deal, that cap hit won't be so intimidating.

Unless we see a rookie take a huge leap forward next season, we're going to be in really rough shape up front if we let Callahan walk at the end of his deal. For all of the injury concerns, the guy still plays a huge role in our offense. Are we going to find a 25G/50P winger who can be a top PKer and provide the leadership that he does for less than what Callahan will demand? I highly doubt it.
No, but you certainly replace the individual parts with two signings for that much annually.

Sign a forward who can replace his scoring. Find a forward that can replace his PK minutes and jam/snarl/grind/balls (hopefully this one can come from within as opposed to UFA).

The problem with finding it all in one package is that the second skillset causes the first to depreciate rapidly.