View Single Post
Old
01-10-2004, 01:37 PM
BlueJacketBoy

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueJacketBoy Send a message via Yahoo to BlueJacketBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
What could Columbus offer though? Keep in mind that Cassels nor Sanderson will be wanted. The Canucks had both and let them go.

Honestly that's a good question which in turn warrants a good answer and at the moment I don't have one but I'm almost sure something could be worked out. Both Umberger and Fedor have become "troublesome" players for the 'Nucks because of their "attitudes" I guess one would say. The Canucks are already an established team that is full of talent so these two players are by far more expendable to a team like Vancouver than they would be to say the Jackets who with a lack of talent would be more willing to try to put up with players like that out of necessity.

As for what we would give..........the biggest thing I hear all the time is of Umberger possibly going for a 2nd rounder and Fedor being had for about a 4th or a 5th. These are both moves that I would do, but also are moves that the Jackets could afford to do because one must assume that if players are moved at the deadline, we would most likely get picks back (Sanderson, Cassels, Sydor, Lachance.......all possibilities/rumors of being dealt). On the other hand, I will admit that if I'm Burke, I say hell no to that and hold on to these guys but there must be something going on or else no one would get the impression that these guys could be moved so only time will tell.