View Single Post
Old
07-18-2013, 04:40 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There's one thing that never changed, it's that people said we could have signed PK to a cheaper deal then wtv he's going to get.
It never was a big fuss, heck I even wrote it in my post many times. It's just that some refuse to admit it was the wrong move despite it being pretty simple.
Hence my example about discounted cars. If you can get this brand new beemer for 10K less, then you take it, even if you can still afford it if it was 10K more expensive.

How big of a mistake is really what's unknown.

The heated conversation starts when people try to argue for the bridge deal. Trying to argue that locking out your star player so he can get a well undervalued contract for 1 1/2 years is actually a good thing. Or that PK is where MaxPac-Price-etc were at the end of their ELC. Or that PK could have been complacent.
All these stupid excuses in order to justify what is seriously easy to admit.
If you have a chance to take PK at a discounted price, you take it. It's clear, it's obvious, no need to make a fuss over it.

If PK signs for 5M, then people are going to wonder what the heck was the hold out about. If he signs for 6.5M, then I'm gonna wonder how much was PK actually asking for last time, 4M? We will never know. All we can agree on is that no matter the amount, PK will cost more.
really ?