View Single Post
Old
07-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
He missed the boat and it is clear that it's no longer opinion but fact. Subban won the Norris. He now will command higher than he did last offseason.

It would of been tighter, but Cube didn't need 1.5, DD didn't deserve 3.5 after the pathetic year he had. (He played 2 NHL seasons, 1 was great, the other was sub par 1 year 2 million is what he should of got, prove himself again).

Keep believe that because this is what happened, that is was the best way. It clearly isn't.
In regards to opinion vs fact...

Some opinions are a hell of a lot more valid than others. If we traded PK for Chris Neil is this in FACT a bad trade before we watch them this season? Well, maybe it's a matter of opinion for some people but I'd say it's a pretty stark example of a case where our GM did something wrong.
That's pretty much the case with what MB did with Subban. Folks can speculate all they want on whether or not the lowball motivated him (I highly doubt this) but it's conjecture. The fact of the matter is that we paid the guy less than Josh Gorges money when he was looking for a long term deal. And that's something that I think we'll regret over the next several years. Folks can try to dress it up all they want but they're still sitting there putting lipstick on a pig trying to make it look pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Bergevin missed an opportunity. Some will agree, some won't.

In the end, this can be one reason why we're going to look back and say Bergevin was a bad GM, or he'll make great moves to make us forget about how badly he dealt with this situation as a rookie GM.

Every GM will make some bad moves and some good moves. I just hope the sum of his total moves is a net gain. He has revamped the management and brought in a lot of hockey minds and hopefully this will lead to something. But other than that I'm not impressed.
I feel the same way so far. Not impressed with what he's doing right now.