View Single Post
Old
07-18-2013, 10:42 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Larouche wasn't banished to the minors by Espo, it was Ted Sator who sent down Larouche, Fotiu, Hanlon, and Rogers. Patrick was still GM. He did play for Espo when Espo took over as GM and only lasted a year and a half before his back went out.

Beezer was good but I always felt he was too streaky and went down way too early on breakaways. 1985-86 was his peak. He did play on some awful teams but he also let in so many soft goals. I know Richter had the famous meltdown goal against Francis in the 92 Penguins series but I knew in my eleven-year-old heart once Beezer was announced to start game 6, it was over.

Also a year before when Richter hurt his groin and it was Beezer and Boris Rouson...Beezer was a big part of that losing streak after the Miller for Kocur trade.

Nedved was awful. Fanned on his wrist shot three times a game and never scored any clutch goals. He had like 2.5 good seasons as a Ranger (98-99 his .5 and 99-00 and 00-01 as his two good seasons).

I think Doug Lidster deserves some love here. Played very well for his limited minutes.

Mike York was one of the few bright spots during the dark years. It's too bad he always ran out of gas buy the second half.

Everyone else here has been mentioned but I want to give a little love to Marek Malik. Yes, he was awful his last season here and had some awful moments, but from 2005-07 he played a lot of minutes, and at times like the end of 06-07 he was flying. He looked like Bobby Orr in that Atlanta series. And the shootout moment was a great gift he left us all with forever.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote