Thread: News Article: Arron Asham on Torts and his future
View Single Post
Old
07-19-2013, 10:20 AM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Agreed 100%. I think the only thing that became public was Richards and Callahan approached Tortorella about running them too hard in the short camp. Poor players . Its a god damned joke that Richards would say that considering the season he wound up having.

But to your point, these things should've been addressed in house. It really bothers me that players squealed to the GM to get their way -- in an argument that amounted to "Hes mean, and we're not having fun." What a joke.
Callahan, Girardi, Staal, and Lundqvist all witnessed the dysfunction that went on when the players quit on Renney - I hope they don't think that's the way to go about dealing with a coach when things go south. There were leadership issues in that locker room and it was not an environment that any team should seek to emulate if they have problems with a coach.

I assumed Richards would be bought out when Torts was fired, but now that he hasn't, part of me thinks that maybe he was one of the players those that turned on Torts. That would be absolutely shameful considering how much Torts vouched for Richards.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote