View Single Post
Old
07-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Superstar Treatment

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
Re: Letting wins and losses determine whether you're having fun or not. I see it this way;

I'm 30 years old. I'm a grown ass man. I had my share of glory between say 10-25. I wasn't good enough to play on TV, and I've come to terms with that. So now I play for fun because I enjoy hockey. Win or lose I really just care about playing. So that's my thought when some guy wants to take an extra shift, or extend one. Am I the better option? Probably. But he paid as much as much as, or more than, me, so screw it.

Guys I've come across as adults who try too hard, as offensive as this is to say, are guys that just never had it. So now that the pack has come back to them a bit, or the guys their age that were good are off playing in college or juniors, they go 110% to feel better about themselves.

Back to the original topic, the guy is obviously wrong, but maybe the captain needs to sit down with him and see if it's a bigger problem. Is he being short shifted over and over again in low pressure situations also? Thus leaving him mad that he's definitely not out there in a high pressure one?

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote