View Single Post
Old
07-19-2013, 11:42 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Being a jerk head coach isn't a bad thing if you have vocal players who step up as real leaders among the group.

Richards never took that role. The rest of the guys are either too young or too scared to tell Torts a mutiny was brewing.

Strahan and Eli did that to Coughlin in 2006, and the won a Super Bowl the next season. Messier had numerous run ins with Keenan, basically telling him to leave the team the hell alone.

Whatever. Torts is gone. Having "fun" doesn't mean jack in the preseason. They need to have fun and be loose even when they are at their lowest.
I'm with you.

If the players got "tired" of Torts' act, I hope they also got tired of their inability to score goals in the ****ing playoffs.

Quote:
Agreed 100%. I think the only thing that became public was Richards and Callahan approached Tortorella about running them too hard in the short camp. Poor players . Its a god damned joke that Richards would say that considering the season he wound up having.

But to your point, these things should've been addressed in house. It really bothers me that players squealed to the GM to get their way -- in an argument that amounted to "Hes mean, and we're not having fun." What a joke.
This as well. I can't help but feel anger towards the players. They better perform their ***** off with AV now that they can "have fun." Ridiculous.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote