View Single Post
Old
07-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Krut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Offensively, no, there are not many wingers better than Hall. That being said, he did not shine at the World Hockey Championships. Players like Duchene and Ladd (players he will compete with for a spot) out-played Hall on European ice dimensions. Moreover, Babcock/Yzerman and the other managers want a team with versatility and that gives a leg-up to players who can win faceoffs and play the PK (e.g., Duchene, Richards, Carter, Marleau, Sharp, etc...).

Once again, I hope Hall forces management's hand (e.g., Iginla in 2002), but I am not going to consider it a tragedy if Hall is left off the final roster.
Anything that went on at the World Championships should be thrown out the window IMO. Hall is a much better player than Ladd and Duchene period. I didn't watch a lot of the worlds, but Hall got the **** end of the stick from the coaching staff from all the reports I heard.

Canada has tried to outsmart themselves roster wise in the past (2006) and it failed miserably. Players were left off that team that clearly should have been there and everyone saw the result. We took all our best players in 2010 and we won gold.

Hall is one of the best Canadian forwards, and I would consider it absurd if he is left off the team (provided he at least continues where he left off last year).

Krut is offline   Reply With Quote