View Single Post
Old
07-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Musashi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
As much as I love Hall as a player, he will be in tough to make Team Canada. Two reasons stick out for me:

1) He had a poor World Hockey Championships. One can blame Ruff for not giving him the opportunity to shine, but he definitely did not help his case.

2) He shoots left-handed. Three of the center positions are highly likely to be given to Crosby, Toews, and Bergeron as they all are strong on faceoffs (the first two shoot left, whereas Bergeron shoots right). Babcock wants to play a possession game and if Canada wins the draw they will have possession of the puck more often than not so expect those three to be on the ice a lot. That leaves one center spot to be filled by numerous all-star centers. For example, Giroux, Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Thornton, M Richards, E Staal, Spezza, Duchene, Carter, among others. Long story, short is that a lot of centers will be asked to play wing (as usual) and the majority of them shoot left-handed, making them better candidates to play LW rather than RW.

Moreover, I feel at least one of the wing spots will go to Sharp and/or Marleau (which would remove another potential spot from Hall). The former play may be chosen because of his positional versatility and the latter because of his speed and ability to play the PK.

I hope Hall comes roaring out the gates and makes it impossible for Team Canada's brass to ignore him. In his favor, he will have a strong advocate in the selection meetings with Lowe being on the management team.
I agree. I think Hall will have a very good case to make Team Canada but I see them going in a different direction and will ultimately choose a more experienced player like a Sharp or Marleau over him.

We will see though. Taylor Hall will make it a tough decision for them.

Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote